Hey, how’s it going? My name is Kira. I was originally a part of that group of kids who decided to make a blog because of a new chapter: college. Well, those “glory days” are over, but my passion for Jesus has only begun.
Let’s be honest, I know that Christianity has gotten a bad reputation over the last couple of decades and the church hasn’t been the most loving. I acknowledge and apologize for your personal pain caused by the church. I’m sorry. I wish it was different. I am not here to preach to you, but I do want to share with you what it means to be a Christ-follower.
I’m not perfect. I will completely disappoint you at times if I haven’t already. Following Jesus is a life that doesn’t rely on an imperfect world, but relies on a perfect God. A life built on chasing Jesus is hard work, but I invite you along anyway. I am here to be completely honest with you as I will show you my raw thoughts, feelings, successes, failures, confusion, and experiences in the style of a blog and podcast.
If you are curious about this journey, despite if you are a Christian or not, stick with me and we’ll figure out how to live through faith & grace. For more context, check out my mission statement.
“Haven’t I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
If in case you made it this far, here are some fun things you might want to know about my life…I am first, one of God’s crazy kids, but this is also who I am:
- a mechanical engineer from the University of Washington
- that 23-year old who thinks alcohol is gross
- someone who takes at least 3 sittings to watch an entire movie
- passionate about fitness and nutrition
- only properly able to function with my morning black coffee
- the person that just wants to appreciate who God has made you to be
- unable to get enough sleep no matter the season
- 1w2, for all you enneagram lovers
- ISTJ, for all you Myers-Briggs lovers
- always in the mood for a cheeseburger
- an absolutely horrendous dancer by all means
- creator of my own preworkout formula
- someone who enjoys exploring the wilderness and taking pictures
- impatient, not the most humble, easily distracted…but incredibly thankful for the grace of God
Welcome to my life. Welcome to my story. Enjoy this ministry and while you’re at it, know that you’re loved. You’re made with a purpose. You’re created with worth. There’s another way to do life and it’s by seeking Jesus.
“37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”